Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Barossa Valley

Well, I'll admit I'm no wine connoisseur. I can tell a white from a red, and a sav blanc from a chardonnay with a bit of an effort. But a trip to the Barossa has been on the bucket list for a long time. 

The Barossa is Australia's oldest, and probably best known winery, about an hour east of Adelaide.Some of the vines we saw are up to 150 years old, and are reputed to be the oldest remaining in the world. The Barossa is renowned for its shiraz, but we also got to try a number of whites and port as well.

Following our day at the cricket, Matt, Bre, Ally and I left the boys to the cricket and headed off on a bus tour for the day. We visited four wineries; langmeil, Chateau Yaldara, Murry Street and Peter Lehmans. I would have also really liked to have made it to Penfolds, but I'll just have to save that until next time.

In case your wondering, the dam wall we are all looking at is known as the Whispering Wall - you stand at one end and whisper to the person at the other end of the dam wall. Lo and behold, they can hear you loud and clear. I would like to point out we hadn't had a single glass of wine at this point in the day. 




http://www.google.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment